We are a full service residential addiction recovery centre that focuses on biological, physical, spiritual and psychological well-being, using evidence based modalities. The facility, previously a lakeside resort, has been updated to perfectly suit the needs of a premier treatment centre. On 45 acres, set in the serenity of nature, we are located on the shores of Lake Winnipeg one hour north of Winnipeg, in Gimli Manitoba.
What Happens in Inpatient Addiction Treatment?
We work closely with you and your family throughout the entire continuum of care. From initial contact through to your continuing care plan, we walk alongside you, providing quality health care, dignity and expertise.
Throughout your residential stay you will be assessed to ensure the level of care is meeting your level of need. Initially you’ll be psychologically, physically and clinically assessed to ensure that your treatment is tailored to you. Our interdisciplinary team of clinical counsellors, nurse practitioners, doctors, psychiatrists, support staff and our family program director collaborate to create your personalized recovery plan. We identify what stage your illness has progressed to and what resources you have in your life. We view your resources as Recovery Capital – internal and external assets that can be used to initiate and sustain recovery.
Our professional medical detox facility supports you throughout your detox process. 24 hour care ensures that you are as comfortable as possible and can transition smoothly into programming.
Our team of doctors, nurses and clinicians work diligently to facilitate a supportive environment while you detox. Aurora is the only private treatment centre in Manitoba with a 24/7 medical detox unit. Medical detox for addiction provides stabilization for a chronic condition, but by itself does not change the long-term course of the illness. While detox alone is not considered addiction treatment, it is an essential piece of the treatment process for many people and medically supported detox is the safest and most comfortable way to go through withdrawal.
Personalized Treatment Program
A comprehensive addiction recovery plan that addresses your unique needs is implemented. Our professional staff will continue to adjust your recovery plan as needed to establish a dynamic framework for sustained recovery. We incorporate services and supports that are gender specific, trauma informed, culturally sensitive and family focused.
Treatment plans are personalized with a broad range of treatment options…
- Individual and Group therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Dialectic Behavioural Therapy
- Gender-Specific Group Therapy
- Individual Psychotherapy
- 12-Step Groups or Alternative Peer Support Groups
- Specialists in Sex Addiction, Gaming, Disordered Eating, PTSD and Somatic Therapy
- Educational Seminars
- Spiritual Guidance
- Ceremonies including Sweat Lodges
- Nutritional Support
- Fully Equipped Gym
- Walks on our 45 Acres of Private Land
- Acupuncture and Meditation
- Mindfulness Practices
- Trauma Informed Care
- Comprehensive, Individualized Continuing Care Plan and Resources
You’ll experience a structured, therapeutic environment that facilitates accountability and connection so you can build a solid foundation on which to achieve sustained recovery. Many of our staff are in sustained recovery and understand the challenges that you are facing. We bring empathy, expertise and encouragement to each individual in our care. Everyone is treated with dignity and respect here at Aurora.
What does inpatient treatment include?
For Your Body:
- 24 hour medical detox care ensures that you’re as comfortable as possible and can transition smoothly into programming.
- Quality inpatient addiction treatment facility accommodations.
- Secured, access-restricted facility.
- Fresh, delicious and nutritious meals and snacks to rejuvenate you.
- Customized physical fitness program that includes a beautiful indoor pool, cardio equipment, weight training, yoga, trail walking, meditation, and more.
For Your Mind:
- Welcome package including the books Alcoholics Anonymous, Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, and Daily Reflections.
- Personalized treatment program including group, individual, complementary therapies, and more.
- Access to a full interdisciplinary team including addiction and clinical counsellors, therapists, family program director, nurse practitioner, doctor, psychiatrist, and member care specialists.
For Your Spirit:
- Aurora has a wealth of spiritual guidance available from integrated Indigenous cultural practices, to a counsellor who’s a former chaplain, to a staff member who’s immersed in Dharma Buddhism.
- Traditional daily smudging and weekly sweat lodge ceremonies available.
- Gratitude ceremony to celebrate and honour the completion of your program.
- Meditation and mindfulness practices.
For Your Family:
New Dawn Family Healing Program is a therapeutic program for families affected by addiction. Developed over decades, by experts and pioneers in the field of family addiction treatment, our program content is delivered by credentialed teams, using evidence-based, trauma informed therapies, somatic therapy, and a psychoeducational approach.
For Your Ongoing Recovery For Life:
- Lifetime access to our Continuing Care Program
- Comprehensive Individualized Continuing Care Plan
- Extended Care Program
- Sober Living/Transitional Housing
- Recovery Coaching
Our Commitment to Service recognizes that struggles during the first year post completion may require additional support. We offer 2-4 weeks of complementary treatment to any active alumni struggling within the first year of completion. You’re welcome to return for 14, 21 or 30 days, depending on the length of your original treatment, for $1000.00, unless detox is required. If detox is required you will need to also cover the daily detox rate of $1000.00 until medically cleared for your 14, 21 or 30 day stay.