Residential inpatient addiction treatment is a big step. Your addiction knows how to use substances; we know how to best support you in learning how to live in recovery for life.
Inpatient treatment means you’ll stay with us in our world-class facility, located on the serene shores of Lake Winnipeg and surrounding woodland trails, just north of Gimli, Manitoba.
What happens in Inpatient Addiction Treatment?
We’re here to help make your journey into recovery as smooth as possible. We’ll do everything we can to offer you a safe, encouraging entry into our programs. Your journey begins with a case manager who will be your single point of contact and liason at Aurora throughout every stage of your recovery.
During your intake, we take you through a comprehensive review of all facets of your addiction. With that information, our interdisciplinary team of clinical counsellors, therapists, nurse practitioners, doctors, psychiatrists, member care team and our family program director collaborate on setting up an addiction treatment program and personalized recovery plan suited specifically to your recovery needs.
Once admitted, your stay with us begins with a mandatory in-house medically supervised detox to safely and comfortably eliminate substances from your body.
Detoxification from substances can take several days, depending on your personal circumstances and wellness. Once you are medically cleared from detox, you’ll transition to our residential campus.
Personalized Treatment Program
Your case manager will help ease your transition from detox to Inpatient Treatment with an orientation of the building and your treatment program routines. You’ll receive a Welcome Package with everything you’ll need to know to get settled in.
Your personalized Recovery Plan is designed with your own unique combination of therapies and practices, which may include:
- Group therapies
- Individual Counselling
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Complementary therapies for your mind-body-spirit wellness
Through a structured daily routine, you’ll know exactly what to expect and what is expected of you. Our team of professionals are here every step of the way, should you need guidance and reassurance.
Our focus for your recovery is on helping you build a foundation of long-lasting personal skills, effective daily practices, education and a community of lifelong support.
How long will you be in treatment?
Your Inpatient Treatment Program is part of your comprehensive recovery plan. With a unique blend of programs and therapies, the length of your treatment depends on your personal, unique needs and abilities.
What does inpatient treatment include?
For your body:
- 24/7 medical detox to safely and comfortably eliminate substances from your body.
- World-class inpatient addiction treatment facility accommodations.
- Secured, access-restricted facility.
- Transportation to and from Winnipeg before and after residence at Aurora. Other transportation needs, such as to special appointments and group sessions outside of Aurora, may be arranged.
- Nutritional education and planning: 3 healthy, nutritious meals per day and snacks, juice and smoothie bar throughout the day.
- ARC Fit: Recovery-focused, customized physical fitness program that includes the largest private indoor pool in Manitoba, cardio equipment, weight training, yoga, trail walking, meditation, and more.
- Complementary therapies
For your mind:
- Welcome package including the books Alcoholics Anonymous, Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, and Daily Reflections.
- Personalized treatment program including group, individual and complementary therapies, EMDR, and more.
- Access to a full interdisciplinary team including addiction and clinical counsellors, therapists, family program director, nurse practitioners, doctors, psychiatrists, and member care specialists.
- Medical and psychiatric services: Around the clock daily nursing staff, Medical Doctor and/or Nurse Practitioner on-site weekly and on-call 24/7.
For your spirit:
- Spiritual care and mentoring
- Traditional daily smudging and weekly sweat lodge ceremonies, alternating for male and female members.
- Women’s sharing circles: heart-centred connection with other women in recovery.
- Gratitude ceremony to celebrate and honour the completion of your program.
For your family:
- Intensive 6-week family program that includes 18 hours of counselling for two family members.
- A one-on-one counselling session for each family member who takes the 3-day family program.
For your ongoing recovery for life:
- One-on-one counselling session upon leaving Aurora.
- Lifetime access to our Continuing Care program, including a comprehensive Recovery Plan, weekly meetings, ARC Squad participation, and more.
- Sober Living and Transitional Housing.
- Recovery Warranty is available for treatment programs of 45 days or more.