The chronic nature of a substance use disorder means that lifestyle and behavioural changes will need to be implemented post treatment. While the structured confines of the treatment centre provide support as you begin building your recovery foundation, it is once you leave that your continuing care plan begins.
Much like hypertension, diabetes, coronary issues, or any other chronic condition, when one goes into the hospital for the acute phase of treatment, a specific treatment plan is prescribed and monitored throughout the stay.
When you are ready to transition from acute care, you’re provided with an ongoing recovery management plan. This consists of regular follow up, a prescribed post treatment plan, lifestyle changes, and regular involvement with some form of mutual-aid support group.
Aurora Recovery Centre is a compassionate, understanding recovery community that will support you from the time you walk through our doors and throughout your lifetime of recovery with our continuum of care.
Continuum Of Care Ensures Sustained Recovery
We see positive, long-term outcomes when an individual completes a residential treatment program and remains engaged in ongoing structured support. Recovery is a journey, not a destination, and we’re with you all the way.
Our recovery-oriented systems of care begin with the initial phone call to the centre where we provide support and guidance to help get you to treatment. The next stage begins at arrival where you are clinically, psychologically and physically assessed. We then create an individualized treatment plan for you. We also provide a therapeutic and educational program for family members and provide ongoing continuing care for the whole system. The elements of this are:
- Personalized –Tailored to each individual, we design and implement a comprehensive treatment plan that provides everything you need for your recovery journey. Our multidisciplinary team continually evaluates and fine-tunes your treatment needs as you progress.
- Strengths Based – A therapeutic approach that recognizes your assets and builds on them. This approach ensures you complete treatment feeling motivated and resilient.
- Recovery Principles – Your family receives education and support through our 8-week online program. Evidence shows that outcomes are greatly improved when recovery is introduced into the entire system. Sustained recovery becomes more possible when the environment supports it. Many people are surprised to discover there are predictable patterns of behaviour that emerge for those in relationship to someone with an addiction.
- Continuing Care – Being an Aurora alumnus means you’re part of a thriving recovery community. We offer continuing care for life in order to ensure sustained recovery. We walk beside you and your family well past your stay at Aurora.
- In the instances where residential treatment is not necessary, we offer an Intensive Outpatient Program.
Let’s face it, life can be quite challenging even without the added stress of an addiction. The tools we provide you will serve you well in all areas of your life. We all need help at different times in our lives. You have what it takes to ask for support now that you’ve exhausted all your own resources.
Recovery For Life
Supports for a lifetime of enhanced and sustained recovery are built into your treatment plan.
- Upon admission, we’ll assign you a Counsellor who will become your ally beyond your time in treatment.
- Our Commitment to Service recognizes that struggles during the first-year post completion may require additional support. We offer 2-4 weeks of complementary treatment to any alumni struggling within the first year of completion. You are welcome to return for 14, 21 or 30 days, depending on the length of your original treatment, at no cost, unless detox is required. If detox is required, there is a daily rate of $1000.00 until medically cleared for your 14, 21 or 30 day stay.
- If you find yourself needing a refresher, our Renewal Program offers a welcoming, nurturing place to reconnect with your recovery roots.
- We provide ongoing continuing care groups for both yourself and your family and friends who have completed our New Dawn family program.
- For people who require a gradual transition from inpatient programming, we offer an Extended Care Program. This enables you to live on-site, participate in some programming and integrate into life off site.