Sure, you can attend a treatment centre for recovery from addiction. You can get the initial help you need to launch your recovery. You may even create an aftercare plan that takes you well into your next year or two.
Aurora Recovery Centre is a compassionate, understanding recovery community that will support you from the time you walk through our doors and throughout your lifetime of recovery with our continuum of care.
Continuing Care is a foundation of recovery at Aurora
Continued support is essential to your mental health and addiction recovery. No matter what stage of recovery you feel you’re at, we are here to help you turn from illness to wellness. Your recovery is a journey, not a destination, and we’re with you for the long haul.
Everyone is different. We come from different backgrounds, have different stories, and live by different values. No one has the exact same addiction or mental state.
So, it makes perfect sense that the exact same program of addiction treatment won’t necessarily work for everyone in exactly the same way.
We call it recovery-oriented systems of care, or personalized continuum of care. That may sound like jargon, but it breaks down into a few simple principles:
- Personalized – Everyone’s needs are different. Everyone has different recovery capital. After a thorough assessment to discover your treatment needs, we’ll design and implement a comprehensive treatment plan that will create the best environment in which you’re able to heal, connect and recover for life. Our counsellors continually evaluate your progress and adjustments are made as necessary. Utilize all treatment options, or jump in anywhere on the spectrum as needed.
- Recovery-oriented – We recognize that, just as addiction doesn’t develop in a vacuum, recovery doesn’t either. The success of your treatment depends on your connection with others and developing relationships. Our family programs support the wellness of your recovery network as part of your ongoing recovery plan.
- Continuum – Being a member of Aurora means you’re part of our treatment family for the long haul. We’re with you through all stages of your recovery, even after you leave our care. You’re no longer alone.
- Care – Addiction recovery can be a bumpy road at any stage. When it’s time to ask for help, we want you to experience the relief of feeling heard, encouragement to walk through it, courage to embrace what you’re feeling, and strength to step into your new recovery for life. Our approach to your treatment defies all stigma, instead allowing a safe, nurturing environment in which you can begin to learn to live again.
Recovery for life
Aurora doesn’t just walk with you from day one through year two, then leave you on your own.
We’re here to support your recovery for life.
Supports for a lifetime of enhanced and supported recovery are built into our treatment plans.
- Upon admission, we’ll assign you a Case Manager who will be your single point of contact throughout your recovery, even beyond your time in treatment.
- Our recovery warranty recognize that there may be challenges along the path that make it difficult to absorb all you need for recovery in your stay with us. Our warranty gives you a backup plan for when you leave treatment and things don’t go exactly as planned.
- We don’t just treat you and then forget about you. Ongoing support and stabilization programs are always at the ready for the times when your recovery feels out of balance or on a rocky path.
- If you find yourself needing a refresher on recovery for any reason, our Recovery Enhancement Program offers a welcoming, nurturing place to reconnect with the roots of your recovery programs, people and practices.
- Your family and community supports aren’t an afterthought at Aurora. They are essential pieces of the recovery puzzle. Our family resources are automatically included in your Recovery Plan.