Health services, including travel to and from Aurora Recovery Centre, have been deemed essential by the province of Manitoba during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are responsive to this evolving situation and following directives from both the provincial and federal health authorities as we provide emergent medical care.
We have taken strong measures to ensure the safety of all individuals in our care and pre-screen potential intakes as well as provide on-site COVID testing upon admission to our facility. We recognize the importance of providing quality care and our leadership team remains in regular communication with the Province of Manitoba’s health authority and shared health professionals.
Our commitment to respond to the needs of people suffering from substance use disorder and mental health issues means we are fully operational. We continue to accept referrals and treat individuals in our inpatient and outpatient programs. Admissions are being accepted from all provinces, provided the individual passes the enhanced screening and intake measures.
We have implemented a multitude of preventative measures, with both staff and individuals in our care, ensuring that safety is the highest priority. To date we have had no cases of COVID and continue to maintain vigilance.
Here is a summary of the current measures of our evolving COVID Response Plan:
- Pre-screen potential intakes.
- On-site COVID testing upon admission to the facility.
- Staff are actively screened before entering the facility with a comprehensive screening questionnaire and a temperature check.
- Universal masking for all staff throughout the facility.
- Adhering to proper hand hygiene according to CDC guidelines is required.
- COVID cleaning protocols implemented by housekeeping staff who have enhanced cleaning and sanitizing of the facility.
- Adherence to personal “bubble” for staff and extended care individuals.
- Staff receiving vaccinations as they become available.
- Suspending all visitors to Aurora Recovery Centre until further notice.
Doing our part to ensure the health and safety of our community is a top priority and we appreciate your patience, understanding and support.
“On behalf of Aurora Recovery Centre, I’d like to acknowledge all the essential workers who are tirelessly taking care of our needs behind the scenes. We are deeply grateful for your dedication and especially thankful to our healthcare workers putting themselves in harms way and taking care of the most vulnerable among us. As we all join together to overcome our challenges, I am reminded once again of how valuable community is here in Manitoba. Please know that, in our eyes, you are all true heroes.”