Recovery for life begins as soon as someone enters the doors of Aurora Recovery Centre (ARC). One of the important milestones in the journey of recovery through our programming is completing it with a Gratitude Ceremony. But our work and our members’ work isn’t done there.
After completing their personal program, our alumni have several options on staying connected with the recovery community at ARC. With the guidance of the comprehensive Recovery Plan, each member is being fully prepared for this transition. The Recovery Plan sets out a precise set of actions and goals members have committed to for the benefit of their recovery. Members must follow through on these commitments but know that ARC and its staff remain connected to help every individual in this critical phase of recovery.
“Fit your life into recovery, rather than recovery into your life.”
The Recovery Plan is the road map for our members to transition from treatment to everyday life. We support and participate in the actions that each member outlines in their Recovery Plan. Our continuing commitment is to support the member’s recovery for life, reflecting our philosophy of care.
The key action categories of the Recovery Plan include, but are not limited to the following:
- Physical Health
- Emotional/Mental Health
- Spiritual Health
- Friends and Family
- Social life
Multiple specific actions are recommended for the member within each of these categories.
Start your Road to Recovery at Aurora Recovery Centre. We provide personalized treatment programs, recovery warranties, family programming, outpatient services, ongoing therapy and counselling, family and marriage therapy, and continuing care.
Aurora’s Continuing Care Support
- Weekly meeting for all alumni members to check in on their progress, triggers, challenges and successes.
- Aftercare group programming, either at ARC Counselling or one of our counselling partners in other cities across Canada. We provide four such group sessions in our treatment services and encourage members to commit to a minimum of 12 weeks.
- Follow-up calls from counsellors for check-ins post-treatment.
- Continuation of therapy either with ARC Counselling or one of our counselling partners in other cities across Canada.
- ARC Squad is our community outreach program and alumni members are encouraged to participate in community service activities.
- ARC Buddies are alumni members who are connected with a departing member to support and mentor them as they transition out of treatment.
- Alumni members are encouraged to connect with Aurora staff, visit and occasionally stay if they are feeling unstable or in need of support. Our doors are always open to alumni members.
- Annual alumni dinner to celebrate the recovery of alumni members and strengthen the connection with Aurora.
According to studies, people who connect with a recovery community of people healing from similar addiction and mental health have far better outcomes compared to those who do not.
That is one of the significant benefits of the Twelve Steps program, as there is an active recovery community in most cities, towns and rural areas around the world. T
The Twelve Step program create a connection with people in recovery at any time of day or night. A critical component of continuing care is encouraging connection with like-minded people dealing with similar struggles.
For members who don’t follow the Twelve Step philosophy, we help them find connections to people with similar beliefs.
We help members secure a safe home environment for their transition out of treatment. Often, it’s best that members who begin their sober lives in a sober living home improve their likelihood of long-term recovery.
We have transitional housing available to members and have close relationships with other sober living organizations for a safe and supportive environment to begin their recovery for life journey away from ARC. Learn more about Transitional Housing.
Aurora Recovery Centre’s philosophies are consistently reflected in the way we value our members and staff. Everything we do is in the interest of our members’ recovery for life.
Aurora’s treatment process is built upon a member-first culture and stands on three pillars that reflect our philosophy toward our members’ recovery: Heal, Connect and Recover.
From initial contact with Aurora, you begin to experience our Member-First Culture. Our highly experienced Addiction Specialists help you navigate the complex, emotional decision to admit to treatment.